Sunday 2 November 2014

SPAM ALERT, BE CAREFUL INDIAN ONLINE SHOPPERS

Leave a Comment


Hey Friends,
First for all I am really sorry for such a prolonged absence. But, I am making a dash again that too with a warning, rather a spam alert. Now a days we all know that spams are increasing on the web at a tremendous rate and we must take all necessary measures to avoid it.
Recently, I was a part of an online shopping scam and want that you all should be aware of this spam and try to avoid it. An Indian shopping website named '100BestBuy' regulary runs offers, rather lucky draws in which you can win a expensive object at a cheap rate if you are selected in the draw.
I recently applied for the draw which stated that if I pay 'Rs. 599', I will register myself for the lucky draw and I went ahead with the registration. As I was over with the registration, it gave me a tentative date by which the result will be announced. Then, all of a sudden, I got a call from the '100bestbuy' saying that you have been selected in top 15 customers from the draw and you are a step near in availing your gift (they called soon after registration, even before the tentative date).
Those butchers asked me that I have to buy product worth Rs. 9,999 in order to make my way into top 12 people for availing that bumper prize. It was nowhere mentioned anywhere on their website and neither on their terms and conditions that such a process is necessary.
I refrained from further going in this scam and they even ripped me off my Rs.599
So, I request you to refrain from such scams and you can try them yourself if you have a few dollars to burn! 



Share This Article, Choose your Platform:

0 comments:

Post a Comment